Skip to main content

How to be the best version of yourself?

 Have you ever asked yourself: Am I living my life to the fullest? Are there things about myself or life that I would like to change? These are all self-evaluation questions that are worthy of your attention; especially if you are feeling lack or uncertainty in your life. I definitely asked these questions a few years ago because, I was feeling very unfulfilled in my life and struggling to understand my place. Many times, as human beings living in the moment and as a coping mechanism, we put on a mask and pretend to be okay but hurting on the inside. Life requires balance and recognizing an imbalance is the beginning to discovering your full potential. Being the best version of yourself means being the authentic, "YOU." A trick to understanding your authentic self requires honesty about the things you are currently doing in your life that are creating unhappiness, uncertainty, negativity etc. You have to reflect on your shadow side (negative characteristics about your personality) in order to grow and create positive change in your life. If you truly want to step into your best version of yourself, you have to address the characteristics of your personality that are less desirable or need work. For example, I battled with acceptance, low self-esteem, and underestimating my value as a person. No one is perfect and the path to clarity, healing, self-improvement and being your authentic self requires you to take the road less traveled. Authentic self-discovery takes courage and strength. Do you have the courage and strength to step into the best version of yourself?  Are you willing to confront circumstances, situations or attitudes that hold you back from being your best, authentic self? If you do and can open your heart and mind, I'll share with you how I stepped into the best version of myself. Do the following:

1. Take responsibility. Take a hard look at yourself. I took responsibility for all the mistakes I made in my life and treated them as lessons. You take the lesson and leave everything else. Lessons make you stronger. Holding on to regret, pain and anger keeps you stuck. Change requires you to learn from the past and make efforts to do better. You can't do better if you don't own your mistakes.

2.Speak up. Silence is not golden. Not speaking your truth conceals your authentic self. Your voice is meant to be heard and there is so much value in your opinion. What do you want to say? 

3.Let go. Let go of everything and everyone that no longer serves you. Let go of bad habits, addictions, toxic people, negative situations, drama, limiting beliefs, and ideas that hold you back from your full potential. When you let go, you make space for all the great and positive things to enter your life.

4. Set intentions everyday. An intention are positive and purposeful phrases that empower you to create the day you want to have. For example, today, I will be kind to myself by not taking things personally. Intentions raise awareness and help you reach goals. One of my favorite daily intentions is to say, "Today, I will lead by example." Oooh does that keep me in check. ;)

5.Step out of your comfort zone. Change doesn't happen without taking risks. Do things that challenge you. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. The best version of yourself doesn't stay indoors, hug walls or cling to the past. I started to share my experiences with others through blogging, started a podcast, stopped living in fear and realized there is so much life outside of the box. I kicked society's box to the curb and do and say what makes me happy. Say, "YES" to life. 

6. Self-love. I began to put myself first. My whole life I put others before me. I realized that my unhappiness came from not loving myself first. Self-love is the key to healing and self-improvement. I realized that taking care of my heart not only will help me heal my past but, bring out my authentic self. Your heart powers everything.  An open heart allows for change. Start engaging in activities that make you fulfilled and happy. I started with journaling, yoga and meditation. These three things changed my life! For real.

7.Balance. There is so much truth to understanding the phrase, "everything in moderation." Work on self and professionally needs to be in balance with play. Your self-love techniques can really help you create balance in your life. 

8. Live with purpose. Do what you feel in your heart you are meant to do in your life. Find, explore, evaluate what your purpose is and do it. Don't ignore passions. 

9. Listen to your intuition. For years, I ignored my inner voice and often regret it later on. Your intuition is the ability to know or understand something immediately without the need for conscious reasoning. For this reason, people ignore their intuition because its not logical. Ever since I decided to listen to my intuition, I empowered myself to make safe and healthier choices because, I believe in myself. Listening to my inner voice gives me confidence, enhances my creativity and productivity. That's the benefit. Your intuition is power! Own it! Use it! Respect it! 

10. Attract. Focus on you and you'll attract what you are becoming. When you live an authentic life you attract wonderful relationships and opportunities at the right time.  Attract don't chase. BeYOUtiful change attracts great things. 

Once I started to do all these things and focus on self: my body, mind and spirit; my life started to improve.  I started to shed my old skin. Living authentically brought out the best of me. The void you feel when you are not being authentic or living your best life disappears. It's like all of a sudden the answers you were looking for to the biggest complaints in your life come with solutions. It's amazing and liberating when you step into the person you were meant to be. You have to do the work to create great change in your life. I decided three years ago that I owed it to myself to be the person I was meant to be. "My goal is not to be better than anyone else but to be better than I used to be." Wayne Dyer. 

The Victim Assistant- Peace, Love and Happiness

If you would like to work with me 1:1 on self-love and development through my 90-day empowerment coaching program, through Teachable, visit my website : https://va-s-empowerment-coaching.teachable.com/p/home

 Follow me on my socials for more healing support:

https://www.twitter.com/@victimassistant

https://www.instagram.com/VictimAssistant

https://youtu.be/hATeFpIS5yo

Listen to my Podcast: The Victim Assistant. I talk about crime and victimization and the impact on society and culture. https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-victim-assistant

Mental health resources:https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/tools-resources/index.htm

February is Black History Month! https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January is Stalking Awareness Month!

January is a time for new beginnings and a fresh start; however, many victims that endure the horrors of stalking do not find life so easy. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 7.5 million U.S. adults are stalked in one year. For this reason, more awareness needs to happen. The National Stalking Awareness Website can provide education and resources to help. You can also join the campaign to end stalking by tweeting or posting a message of hope or a stalking fact! Please visit  http://stalkingawarenessmonth.org/about

The truth about hookup culture ;)

  As of 2022, The Pew Research Center found 30% of U.S. adults are neither married, living with a partner, nor engaged in a committed relationship. Additionally, 1/2 of young adults inthe U.S. are single. What the?! Why be in a relationship when you can, “hookup” with no expectations.Let's talk about hookup culture! What is hookup culture? Is this a healthy dynamic? Why is hookup culture popular in today's society? Are there negative effects engaging in this behavior; Does this behavior negatively impact women? My original intention was to answer these questions, in an effort to talk about hookup culture as part of a series of educational videos/posts during Domestic Violence Awareness month to raise awareness about healthy relationships but, time ran out. However, we can still have an honest discussion  and continue the conversations about our current relationship climate that will help us understand the current trend of , "hooking up." I decided to talk about this t

Tools to prevent crime. Don't become a victim...be informed!

Visit the  National Crime Prevention Council's website at  www.ncpc.org  to learn prevention tools. You can also learn about the newest prevention campaigns addressing education on ID theft, crimes against seniors, promoting safer communities, and sign up to receive updates on the latest consumer scams. You are your biggest protection from criminals! Educate yourself and be aware! In addition, learn how to reduce the risk of sexual violence by obtaining information and resources at  www.nsvrc.org . The National Sexual Violence Resource Center is a great tool for advocates looking for online training and support.