Skip to main content

Innovative Self-Care: My favorite yogis on YouTube

 Hi everyone, I thought I'd take a brief moment and share some of my favorite YouTube yogis. I attribute a lot of my healing, growth and change to the practice of self-care. When I began my healing journey, I started to practice meditation and yoga. Both of these spiritual practices helped me remain grounded and focused which is important when your are healing emotional pain or trauma. I encourage you to consider and take a look at these YouTube yogis to help you on your journey to enlightenment. Check out the following YouTubers:

1. Ekhart Yoga- This was the very first channel that I visited and started to work with. Ekhart Yoga is a great channel for those new to yoga and meditation. I would consider this channel great for beginners. I learned the basic poses of yoga and began to learn about meditation and how to meditate. https://www.youtube.com/c/Ekhartyoga

2. Yoga with Kassandra- If you are open to spirituality, this is the best channel for you. She is non evasive about spirituality and encourages self-love, positive affirmations and using yoga for purpose. I am blessed to have come upon this channel because, I feel at the time, I was needing guidance on facilitating more self-love and positivity into my life. She is amazing at introducing people to spiritual yoga practices and providing comfort and understanding of the practice. https://www.youtube.com/c/yogawithkassandra

3. Yoga with Adrienne- This is my current favorite channel because of where I am on my healing journey. She offers beginners great support as well as more advanced yogis. Her personality and guidance is what impresses me the most. She offers a lot of emotional support in her yoga. For example, she creates videos that support your mental health with yoga dedicated to certain emotions. This is definitely a subtle spiritually guided channel. Like Kassandra she is well received and very popular with over a 11 million subscribers. https://www.youtube.com/c/yogawithadriene

4. Boho Beautiful- I don't frequent this channel that often but I do like her meditations and some of her yoga videos when I need to challenge myself. I feel this is not a beginners channel; she is a bit more advanced. https://bohobeautiful.life/

5. Jessica Richburg- I came across this channel one day when I was feeling a lot of anxiety and stress. I went on Youtube and typed in yoga for stress; and, she poped up. What I like about her is her soft approach in instruction. I was anxious and stressed and I did her 20 minute session on Yoga for stress and anxiety and I immediately started to feel better. It was instant relief. If you have issues with anxiety or have mental health issues, I recommend you visit her channel and explore her videos as part of a self-care routine. She connects to people's heart space through her yoga videos. Amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AIYBmjKjac

Well that's my short list and suggestions. I hope you take the time and explore yoga and meditation with the help of these great yoga instructors on YouTube. 

Mental health resource:https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

International resources check out my twitter:@victimassistant link also ⬇️ 

If you are interested in my 1:1 empowerment coaching: https://linktr.ee/thevictimassistant

The Victim Assistant- Peace, Love, and Happiness





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January is Stalking Awareness Month!

January is a time for new beginnings and a fresh start; however, many victims that endure the horrors of stalking do not find life so easy. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 7.5 million U.S. adults are stalked in one year. For this reason, more awareness needs to happen. The National Stalking Awareness Website can provide education and resources to help. You can also join the campaign to end stalking by tweeting or posting a message of hope or a stalking fact! Please visit  http://stalkingawarenessmonth.org/about

The truth about hookup culture ;)

  As of 2022, The Pew Research Center found 30% of U.S. adults are neither married, living with a partner, nor engaged in a committed relationship. Additionally, 1/2 of young adults inthe U.S. are single. What the?! Why be in a relationship when you can, “hookup” with no expectations.Let's talk about hookup culture! What is hookup culture? Is this a healthy dynamic? Why is hookup culture popular in today's society? Are there negative effects engaging in this behavior; Does this behavior negatively impact women? My original intention was to answer these questions, in an effort to talk about hookup culture as part of a series of educational videos/posts during Domestic Violence Awareness month to raise awareness about healthy relationships but, time ran out. However, we can still have an honest discussion  and continue the conversations about our current relationship climate that will help us understand the current trend of , "hooking up." I decided to talk about this t

Tools to prevent crime. Don't become a victim...be informed!

Visit the  National Crime Prevention Council's website at  www.ncpc.org  to learn prevention tools. You can also learn about the newest prevention campaigns addressing education on ID theft, crimes against seniors, promoting safer communities, and sign up to receive updates on the latest consumer scams. You are your biggest protection from criminals! Educate yourself and be aware! In addition, learn how to reduce the risk of sexual violence by obtaining information and resources at  www.nsvrc.org . The National Sexual Violence Resource Center is a great tool for advocates looking for online training and support.